One of the fantastic features of your stay at Fir Tree Lodge is the use of your very own hot tub for the duration of your break. The lodge is the only property on the land and therefore the hot tub can be used in complete privacy.
We want you to enjoy this wonderful feature during your stay, however as with any water based activity we respectfully ask that you follow a few simple guidelines below to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible.
Please follow our top safety tips:
- Do not allow anyone — of any age — to use a hot tub without supervision.
- Never allow children, or pregnant women to use a hot tub unsupervised.
- Make sure you can see what they’re doing.
- We will not be held responsible for any illness or injury from using the hot tub
EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL IS A NO-NO WHILE HOT TUBBING
- It’s wonderful to end your day with a relaxing soak in the hot tub with a glass or two of your favourite tipple, however alcohol increases the risk of passing out, heart attack, or injury from passing out and slipping into the water and drowning.
- Please drink responsibly.
- Plastic only around the Hot Tub
- Don’t use glass or pottery containers for drinks or food that could break.
GOOD BEHAVIOR FROM ANY CHILDREN
- This means: No playful screaming for help (false alarms) that might mask a real emergency.
- No running or pushing near the hot tub.
- No diving or jumping into a hot tub.
- No playing on top of the hot tub cover. It does not support a child’s weight.
- No playing the “hold your breath underwater” game.
- We don’t want to sound like grumpy spoil sports – your childrens welfare is our main concern.
NO PETS IN THE HOT TUB
- Please do not allow your pets to enter the water for their own safety
- Never use the hot tub before, during, or after a thunderstorm. There is a real danger of electrocution from lightning hitting the water.
PREPARE FOR EMERGENCIES
- Know where all electrical switches and circuit breakers for hot tub equipment and lights are located and how to turn them off in an emergency.
- Learn how to perform CPR.
- Keep a First Aid kit close by.
- RESPECT ELECTRICITY
- Use battery-operated appliances instead of cord-connected appliances in and around the hot tub.
KEEP WATER CLEAN
- Keep water clean, properly disinfected, and clear of debris.
- Please shower before and after use
KEEP WATER SAFE
- Keep the water temperature at no hotter than 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Kids typically like the water cooler: 100 degrees or below.
USE THE LOCKING COVER BEFORE AND AFTER USING THE HOT TUB
- The cover protects children from danger, saves energy, and keeps debris out of the hot tub. Even the best cover won’t prevent accidents if you don’t remember to lock it after every use.
- The lid must be left closed when not in use.
- At the end of the day add 4 teaspoons of the chlorine granules provided.
TOWELS ARE NOT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE HOT TUB